Why use Chloride test kit ?
The HI3815 is a chemical test kit that measures chloride by titration with mercuric nitrate. The HI3815 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 110 tests.
- Pre-made reagents for ease of use
- All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
- Manual titration performed with diphenylcarbazone indicator
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, indicator and reagent solutions, and calibrated syringe.
- Readings from 0 to 100 mg/L are determined to 1 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 1000 mg/L are determined to 10 mg/L resolution.
Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3815-100 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This reagent set comes with 1 (15mL) dropper bottle of diphenylcarbazone indicator, 1 (30mL) dropper bottle of nitric acid solution, 1 (120mL) bottle of HI3815-0 mercuric nitrate solution.
Significance of Use
Chloride ions are one of the major inorganic anions in water and wastewater. Although high concentrations of chloride in water are not known to be toxic to humans, its regulation is mainly due to taste. It is essential to monitor chloride concentration in boiler systems to prevent damage to metal parts. In high levels, chloride can corrode stainless steel and be toxic to plant life.
HI3815 Chloride test kit
|Smallest Increment||1 mg/L (ppm); 10 mg/L (ppm)|
|Number of Tests||110 avg.|
|Ordering Information||HI3815 test kit comes with 15 mL diphenylcarbazone indicator, 30 mL nitric acid solution, 120 mL mercuric nitrate solution, 50 mL calibrated vessel, 10 mL calibrated vessel, calibrated syringe with tip.|
|Chloride Range||0-100 mg/L (ppm); 0-1000 mg/L (ppm)|